Exciting Updates are at Hand!
The Pleasant Hill Library Foundation extends our deep appreciation to the Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation for providing a generous $50,000 matching gift challenge towards the campaign for our new library. We were sincerely moved by the number of community members...
With the beloved Pleasant Hill Library razed to the ground, the Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library were left homeless, but with the help of the Pleasant Hill City Council, the Friends were able to secure a retail location in downtown Pleasant Hill at 35 Crescent...
With a goal of $1.5 million, the EPIC Campaign will bring our new library to life through the following essential resources:
- Bookshelves to house abundant Adult and Children’s Collections.
- State of the art computers that give all community members access to essential online resources.
- Tools and equipment like 3d printers, laser cutters and hand tools for innovators of all ages.
- Lounges and ergonomic tables and chairs in comfortable and serene spaces for quiet study and contemplation.
- Equipment and furnishings in dynamic, innovative multi-use spaces for gathering and learning together.
- All-season furniture and play structures in beautifully designed outdoor spaces for strolling, relaxing, recreation and, of course, reading.
- Age-appropriate furnishings and accessories in enchanting and engaging spaces for our community’s early learners.
- Seating pods and technology in Teen Central, a safe and enriching space for middle- and high-school students.