The Pleasant Hill Library Foundation invites you to be part of the EPIC Campaign to bring our new library to life with furnishings, technology, equipment and programming that will allow everyone in our community to Explore, Play, Invent and Connect with one another for generations to come.
Exciting Updates are at Hand!
In 2016, Pleasant Hill residents voted to replace our library’s aging facility with a modern building designed to meet present-day community needs. Construction of our 21st century library is slated to be complete in 2022. Right now, through March 31st, the...
With the beloved Pleasant Hill Library razed to the ground, the Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library were left homeless, but with the help of the Pleasant Hill City Council, the Friends were able to secure a retail location in downtown Pleasant Hill at 35 Crescent...
Please join us for a Virtual Town Hall on Monday, March 8 where city leaders will provide an update on the construction of our new city library. They’ll present colorful design renderings of the building and the exterior ground, plans for the interior amenities, and...
With a goal of $1.5 million, the EPIC Campaign will bring our new library to life through the following essential resources:
- Bookshelves to house abundant Adult and Children’s Collections.
- State of the art computers that give all community members access to essential online resources.
- Tools and equipment like 3d printers, laser cutters and hand tools for innovators of all ages.
- Lounges and ergonomic tables and chairs in comfortable and serene spaces for quiet study and contemplation.
- Equipment and furnishings in dynamic, innovative multi-use spaces for gathering and learning together.
- All-season furniture and play structures in beautifully designed outdoor spaces for strolling, relaxing, recreation and, of course, reading.
- Age-appropriate furnishings and accessories in enchanting and engaging spaces for our community’s early learners.
- Seating pods and technology in Teen Central, a safe and enriching space for middle- and high-school students.